Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dream On

Everyone has a dream. If you've been following this blog, you know mine is to enjoy the vacation of a lifetime in Paris. Ali Handal, a talented singer, songwriter, and musician, I met while working on a Pledge Drive at KCRW years ago, dreams of recording her next record with Slash, courtesy of a musical contest. If you would like to receive a free MP3 download of Ali's next CD, which hasn't even been released yet, vote for her on the Famecast website. She's a cross between Sarah McLachlin, Suzanne Vega, and Joni Mitchell with a rock edge. According to Ali, "In order to vote, you'll need to register as a FAN on the Famecast website (FYI: you can opt out of receiving emails from the contest sponsors). After you register, you'll receive an email from 'Your Next Record,' and then you'll need to verify your email address on their website. Once you're verified, you can vote for me once a day, every day, until the contest ends on April 30. Just email me letting me know that you voted for me, and I'll send you a new song every time you vote." So, if you want to receive some stellar new tunes for free, get busy!

When I was in France, my favorite female rocker was Jeanne Mas. At the time, she reminded me of a French Madonna. Like Madonna, she's still playing sold out shows at the Olympia Theatre in Paris with her band - Mike Pachelli and Willis Clow (guitars), Todd Connelly (bass), Matt Lesser (drums) and Balint Sapszon (keyboards). I suppose it's no surprise I would be thrilled to see either of them perform in Paris today.

Whatever your wish is, Hormel Foods is giving away $25,000 (awarded as cash) in their Home Renovation Sweepstakes. That's a good chunk of change to help make any dream to happen. Make it real and enter.


VoilĂ  - the link to the Hormel Foods Home Renovation Sweepstakes:

http://www.lookwhatyoucandowithhormel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment